Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Aquarium

I admit, I was bored. That, and I ran out of stuff to burn. I saw a white board and some markers and started coloring. I like the colors. I like how smoothly the white board markers color (when they work properly). I was thinking of the quiet serenity of the water.

The tall sea grass sways back and forth with the waves. They dance a slow graceful dance of long deliberate gestures.

The bubbles sound soothing as they shimmer and shudder quickly to the surface. I think it looks funny; they look like little swimmers out of air hurrying to the top.

Two rocks, craggy and morose, sit glaring at me, then each other, then back at me. Perhaps they wish they could float; much like a turtle might look up at the clouds and hope someday to fly.

I see a chest. Perhaps it has treasure. I can't tell, the lid is closed tight. What secrets might it be hiding? Perhaps the pirate guarding it may tell us? No? Well, how very rude. If he won't tell then why should I?

Over here I see a little snail. He is rock climbing. He needs no rope for he is daring and bold. He fears not death, in fact he laughs it to scorn! Ha, ha ha ha! Of course it helps to be underwater where falling is a huge rush; from zero to five miles an hour in only ... about 2 minutes. How brave the little snail.

I see golden red fish as they swim by in graceful formation. The lead fish gossips to her friends of the goings on of the sea. There is much to gossip about I imagine. After all, I hear there are many fish in the sea.

The sleek green fish pretends to hide much like one feigns embarrassment of attention at a party while being the obviously best dressed. "Such a sleek and veloce fish am I" muses the green fish, "...Though, so much attention is quite a nuisance..."

To my right I see two blue fish. "Hello my darling" flirts the fish with the suave look in a smooth Mediterranean accent. "My your scales do catch the light ever so elegantly tonight." - "I wish he'd just go away" thinks the other to herself while searching for a shadow to hide in. "Just ignore him, just ignore him..."

Another blue fish struts around with long delicate fins. Much like gossamer veils they wave delicately within the water such that the fish does not swim as much as magically float forward, the long tails drifting behind like wisps of light cloud.

I see a starfish catching some sun. At least, I hope that is what she is doing. This is, after all, the famous high jumper Star of the Seven Seas; the sea's highest flying starfish! I hope she is only resting and not in this position as a result of a failed parachute...

Maybe the young scallop will know what happened. I would ask but I have heard scallops do tend to get snappy at times. Perhaps it is best to simply move on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't imagine whose board that is? hmm. . . .